Temporary

My oldest daughter turns 14 today. Seems like yesterday she was just 13.

I remember the fears of having a baby for the first time. I remember how good that sandwich tasted after not eating all day, waiting on a nervous stomach. I love that we have had 13 years together. I love that we love to hang out. I love that we still have life to live. I hate that one day we won't.

I have been reminded this week of how everyone reacts to the fact that life is temporary and death is forever. We can't deal with it. The very fact that we work against it all our "lives" is evidence that it was never supposed to be this way.

Life was supposed to be forever. But the only way for that to happen now is to make death temporary somehow...

Hmmm. I guess that's what the whole Jesus event accomplished.

~~~~
Tim Bailey

0 comments: